Monday, 28 May 2012

Pulled down by expectations!



After continued attempts at penning my thoughts on paper, frustrated, irritated and filled with despair, I still don’t know where to start. And until I don’t pour the words out, this clenched feeling in my heart just won't go away.

Not a state you’d like to be in — where you have so much to say, yet you don’t know how to say it!
In plain and simple words, without bothering to embellish or adorn it –

I am disappointed. 


With myself. With others around me.
There, I said it!
Yes, disappointed.
Every time, the delicate lace of expectations that I weave, comes apart, I try and depict the pattern again!
Why?
Why, when people have disappointed me, do I trust them again?
Why do I seek them again when they were the ones who left me alone?
Why do they become a priority in my life, while I still remain an option?

Blame it on the unrestricted and boundless flow of emotions through us humans, I guess!

All seems to go well, and when you least expect it, all goes downhill!

Such is the way of life.
It surprises you when you expect it the least, but need it the most.

I am sorry to have bored you with this note of self pity and I want to thank you for having taken out the time to read this!

It truly means a lot to me!

Just one sincere and heartfelt advice –

Love yourself. More than anyone else in the world. Because you deserve it!


Post a Comment