Friday 26 August 2011

Old is, indeed, gold!

Yesterday, while travelling to college by bus, with lots of stuff in my hands, I had the least bit of support to help me balance myself while the driver swerved the bus through the lanes of Calcutta. My mind suddenly reeled back to the times when my friends and I used to play a game called 'Balance' in our school bus on the way back. The rules were simple. The girl who managed to stand in the moving bus for the longest period of time, without touching the seats or supporting herself in any other manner, would win!
Little did we know it would help us so much later on, while travelling through public transport!!! What fun those days were...

Over the past year, so many things changed in the lives of so many I know. School ended. College started. We made new friends. Tried to keep up the promises of old friends. We became busy. Priorities changed. People changed.

Still, whenever I come across a school friend, the innocent days of school life takes over for the moment! It's instantaneous. More so for me. Because I spent fourteen beautiful years of my life in the same school, among the same set of friends. Believe it or not, but we have seen each other grow. Literally! Some we might remember, some we might not. Some we love, some we hate! But it's all a part of our lives!

Those were days when the whole class knew you, and you knew the whole class. But in college! I don't think apart from examination days I've even seen all of them in one room at the same time!

To all my school friends, I still love you all! Even though we might not talk, we might not meet, we might not even think about each other, but I'll always cherish you!

And to all the new friends I've made on the way... I hope to see you turn into gold :)

6 comments:

nidhi agrawal said...

:).... aditi ca kar ke time waste kar rahi ho..... u shold be an author

sanjana said...

:) lovely!

Ishita Shah said...

Its a wonderful post:) I really love it...brings alive so many memories....am posting Amy on this one, she'll love this particular one:)

nikita mohta said...

aaaawwwweesome!!!! i swear..<3

nikita agarwal said...

aditiiii , this is so beautiful !! awesomestest :):)

bhavana said...

i hope i had d talent of writin so beautifully...im so proud dat u started ur blog n now u r lettin ur fellings out....its awsome...n i totally agree wid wat nidhi disaid "apko to author hona chahiye"...ca ban ke time barbad mat karo...